We respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our web service binocs.sh. This document describes our privacy practices as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal data.
Information we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example to provide our service or to communicate with you. It can either be information you provide or collected automatically. Let’s go over the information that we collect:
Information you provide to us
- Basic account information: your name and e-mail address;
- Billing information: billing address and payment method. We don’t collect and store this type of information, our billing provider Stripe does;
- Communications with us: messages exchanged between you and us and associated metadata.
- Log Information: like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system;
- Location Information: we may determine the approximate location of your servers from their IP addresses;
How and why we use this information
We use information about you mentioned above for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services;
- To better understand how users interact with our Services;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities.
We do not sell or otherwise provide the information you provide to us to any 3rd party, with the following exceptions:
- Third Party Vendors: we may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you;
- Legal Requests: we may disclose information about you in response to a court order;
- Employees and Contractors: we may disclose information about you to our employees and contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our services or to process the information on our behalf.
You're in control
You can choose to close your account at any time. In that case all data associated with your account will be removed from the service database immediately.
You can access and update all of your personal information on the website directly. If you have a more specific request feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep all information provided by you or collected by your checks (uptime, incidents, etc.) until you choose to delete the individual checks or the entire binocs account. We automatically delete inactive accounts after 1 year of inactivity.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as restricting access to internal services, monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks, using state-of-the-art authentication and encryption methods.
Other things you should know
List of sub-processors
Binocs.sh use the following products/services (which are all GDPR compliant):
- Amazon Web Services for sending monitoring requests, hosting the website, storing data and sending e-mail notifications;
- Stripe for payments;
- Nexmo for sending SMS notifications;
- Google Analytics: for analyzing the browsing behavior of our users and visitors;
- Google Fonts: for custom fonts.
- Feb 2nd, 2022 – Initial version