Binocs terms & conditions
By using the Binocs web service accessible at https://binocs.sh ("Service"), you ("User") agree to be bound by the following “Terms and conditions”. The Service is owned and operated by Automato (KvK nummer 80413315) registered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If the User is entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or another legal entity, the User must have the authority to bind the entity to these Terms and conditions, in which case the term "User" shall refer to the entity. If the User does not agree to all of the following Terms and conditions, then they may not access the Service.
Binocs is a CLI-first uptime and performance monitoring tool for websites, applications and APIs. Binocs servers continuously measure uptime and performance of HTTP or TCP endpoints specified by the User, and provide insight into their current availability and metrics history. Binocs sends notification to communication channels specified by the User on pre-defined events.
- The User must provide valid user data (their name and email address) for their Binocs account;
- The User is solely responsible for the security of their account;
- The Service shall only be used in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Payment and billing
- There is no monthly fee for using the Service.
- The Service uses credits-based billing model. The User can purchase an amount of credits via the Service website. The User can then consume their credits at any time. Credits are consumed by all active Checks configured in the User's account. Execution of a single HTTP request costs 1 credit. For example, a Check that is configured to visit a URL every 120 seconds costs 30 credits per hour (3600 / 120 = 30) or 720 credits per 24 hours (86400 / 120 = 720).
- Sending 1 SMS notification costs 3500 credits (0.07 EUR). All other types of notifications (E-mail, Telegram, Slack) are free of charge.
- The Service will pause User's Checks when User's credits balance reaches zero. The Service will notify the User once their credits balance gets low, via e-mail provided during registration.
- The User may ask for a refund of their remaining credits by sending an email to email@example.com.
Cancellation and termination of Service
The User may at any time close your Service account. All your data will be removed. Any abuse of the Service will lead to termination of your account. The Service reserves the right to decide what is considered an abuse of the Service.
Limitation of liability
The User agrees that the Service shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of the Service. Any decisions or claims made based on data provided by the Service are User's sole responsibility. The Service shall not be held liable for any such decisions or claims. In no event shall liability of the Service to the User for any and all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the total amount paid by the User, for using the Service.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Service and its owners, directors, employees and consultants from any and all third party claims, liabilities, damages and/or costs arising from the User's use of the Service, your violation of these Terms and conditions, or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
Changes to Terms and conditions
These Terms and conditions may be updated without prior notice. Any changes to these Terms and conditions will apply immediately and will be noted in the Changelog at the end of this agreement. Changes may apply retroactively and to all users. The current version is always available at https://binocs.sh/terms-and-conditions.
- The Service is provided “as is” and “as available”.
- The Service reserves the right to change features and prices at any time after notifying all Users via email.
- The Service reserves the right to terminate its operation at any time after notifying all Users via email.
If any part of this Terms and conditions would be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms and conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Agreement is governed by the law of the Netherlands. The Court of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide on any disputes arising directly or indirectly from this Agreement.
Amsterdam 1075 VK
- Aug 3rd, 2022 – Added SMS pricing
- Feb 2nd, 2022 – Initial version